- Seeing the original Zombies from the back of a bar whose 200 people capacity was about 400. At lunchtime.
- Spotting Sallie Ford eating an ice cream cone and talking on her phone in a madding crowd. "Hi Sallie! You were at OpenAir last week." "Oh I remember you, how you doing. I'm playing at 10:30 down the street. Come see me. I gotta take this."
- Being completely lost in the dark and finding Divine Fits playing in a second floor venue where they shoot Austin City Limits.
- Watching Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell sign fans' albums from decades ago at Waterloo Records. "Wow," said Rodney. "That's a moldy oldie!"
- Being concerned a third floor convention center concert was going to send us all to the first floor during a Vampire Weekend set. Honest, the room was bouncing like a trampoline.
- Observing Jake Bugg up close and personal. He's still unknown to a lot of people but wow. His music fills the room but still comes in second to this attitude, this presence. The last guy I can remember pulling this off got booed at Newport. And he's still around.
You made it!
You love learning about new music and the Denver music scene. We have a weekly newsletter for you -- Inside Track. Sign up here to stay in the know about the hottest Colorado concerts and how you can score tickets!