This Friday on Colorado Matters, we take a look back at some of our favorite shows about wildlife.
- "Racing Extinction": Boulder filmmaker Louie Psihoyos warns in a documentary that, in the next century, up to 50 percent of the species on Earth could be lost.
- The mystery of the lynx: Eric Odell, with Colorado Parks and Wildlife, talks about tracking more than 200 wild lynx, and their offspring, released into the wild in 2006.
- Pure buffalo: An update on a herd of genetically pure bison that will be released just north of Fort Collins in November, with Jack Rhyan, a USDA wildlife specialist.
- Birds and the bees: Josh Melby, of Colorado Parks and Wildlife, talks about the Greater Prairie Chicken Festival, mating rituals included.
- Birds in the songs: Listen to how Boulder singer-songwriter Marie-Juliette Bird integrate birdsong into her album, “The Water is Rising.”
You want to know what is really going on these days, especially in Colorado. We can help you keep up. The Lookout is a free, daily email newsletter with news and happenings from all over Colorado. Sign up here and we will see you in the morning!