80 Boston College Students Reported Ill After Eating At Chipotle

December 8, 2015
Photo: Chipotle Boston (AP)
A man walks near a closed Chipotle restaurant on Monday, Dec. 7, 2015, in the Cleveland Circle neighborhood of Boston. Chipotle said late Monday that it closed the restaurant after several students at Boston College, including members of the men’s basketball team, reported “gastrointestinal symptoms” after eating at the chain.  

Boston College says the number of students reporting gastrointestinal symptoms after eating at a Chipotle has climbed to 80.

On Monday, the school had said 30 students, including members of its men's basketball team, had been sickened.

Denver-based Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. closed the restaurant in Boston's Cleveland Circle Monday and says it thinks the illnesses are the result of norovirus, not a multi-state outbreak of E. coli linked to its restaurants.

Boston College says all students have been tested for both E. Coli and norovirus, and that results will not be available for at least two days.

According to a report from the Boston Inspectional Services department dated Monday, an employee at the Chipotle in Boston was sick while working a shift Thursday.

You Made It...

...through this story! And by donating right now you can make even more stories like this one possible.

MAKE YOUR GIFT TODAY