The Denver Film Society's Film on the Rocks program returns to Red Rocks Amphitheatre for its 19th season this year. The events pair film screenings with performances by local musicians and comedians at the iconic Colorado music venue.
This year's schedule includes screenings of two recent blockbusters along with some cult classics. The musical openers include recent OpenAir Sessions guests Stelth Ulvang, Wildermiss and Retrofette. Read about the full lineup below.
Film on the Rocks 2018:
- May 15: "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" with Itchy-O, Church Fire, Elliot Woolsey
- June 4: "10 Things I Hate About You" with Oko Tygra, Nathan Lund
- June 11: "The Grand Budapest Hotel" with Flaural, Light Racket, Mike Stanley
- June 18: "Heathers" with Wildermiss, Retrofette, Janae Burris
- July 9: "The Big Lebowski" with RL Cole & The Hell You Say, High Plains Honky, Josh Blue
- July 23: "Happy Gilmore" with School of Rock National All Stars, Jodee Champion
- Aug. 7: "The Goonies" with Stelth Ulvang's Fetching Band, Morning Bear, Troy Walker
- Aug. 13: "Black Panther" with Redrockanda
Watch Wildermiss perform "Tunnel Vision" in our studio.
You love listening to new music and learning about Denver's music scene. We have a weekly newsletter for you -- Inside Track. Sign up here to stay in the know about Colorado musicians making new music and the new releases you should be streaming.