Dec. 18, 2023 - Colorado Public Radio announced in August 2023 it had purchased 777 Grant Street in Denver to become its new headquarters. CPR has now begun the next phase of the project by choosing a project manager and issuing a request for qualifications for architectural and engineering design services.
REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
ARCHITECTURAL & ENGINEERING DESIGN SERVICES
for Colorado Public Radio’s New Headquarters
Location: Denver, CO
Type of Notice: Request for Qualifications
Proposal Due: February 5, 2024; 5:00 p.m. MST
Colorado Public Radio (CPR) (Owner) hereby invites qualified firm(s) and/or individuals (Professional Services Providers) interested in providing Architectural & Engineering Design (A/E) services to submit a response to a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for the Colorado Public Radio Headquarters located in Denver, Colorado. The Owner proposes to retain a highly qualified, capable firm(s) to act as the Architect throughout the planning, design, and construction of the complete headquarters. The Architect and sub consultants will be expected to collaborate in a transparent and efficient manner with the CPR Owner’s Representative, Artaic Group. To obtain a copy of the RFQ, please contact CPR’s Owner’s Representative, Joni E. Fournier at [email protected].
All official communication with Candidates and questions regarding this RFQ will be via email to the Owner’s Representative at the email address listed above.
Colorado Public Radio has acquired a 72,000 SF office building at 777 Grant Street in Denver, which is to be transformed into CPR’s new headquarters. This facility will be a dynamic institution and a captivating destination to meet CPR’s current and future needs. This includes consolidating all CPR’s Denver-based operations and activities to this location. Elements of the project may include a new two-story venue space for community engagement – training, speaker events, concerts and more; a café/coffee shop open to the public; broadcast and media rooms, focus spaces, collaborative spaces, etc.
Colorado Public Radio would like construction to start in early 2025 and expects the construction duration to be 16 to 18 months. This gives the architectural team approximately one year, after being given notice to proceed, to address all pre-construction activities as required and/or identified in the scope of work shown below. CPR will engage a CM/GC to provide Pre-Construction support during the Design Process. During this time, CPR will be raising funds to pay for the design and construction costs associated with the project – initially estimated to be $30 million total.
Interested parties should contact CPR’s representative, Joni E. Fournier at [email protected] ahead of a mandatory site walk on Jan. 8, 2024. Responses to the request for qualifications are due Feb. 5, 2024.
About Colorado Public Radio
Colorado Public Radio is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization delivering meaningful news, music, and cultural experiences to everyone in Colorado using the power of the human voice in all its forms. Roughly 95 percent of CPR’s funds come from the private support of listeners, businesses and foundations. For more information, visit www.cpr.org.
- CPR News delivers in-depth, insightful and impartial news and information from around the world, across the nation and throughout Colorado, examining its relevance to our state and connecting it to our community.
- CPR Classical takes listeners on an in-depth exploration of thoughtfully curated music – with an emphasis on Colorado’s classical community – providing context to a broad range of meaningful and compelling works from past to present.
- Indie 102.3 takes listeners inside the world of new and independent music – exposing them to up-and-coming artists and highlighting Colorado’s local music scene.
- Denverite is an online news source dedicated to Denver's curious and concerned.
- KRCC is a public radio station in Colorado Springs, Colorado, serving Southern Colorado. KRCC is operated by Colorado Public Radio in partnership with Colorado College.