Centennial, CO. July 6, 2020 – Colorado Public Radio independent music station Indie 102.3 celebrated its first anniversary since being revamped and announced it has broadened its geographic footprint in Colorado. Indie 102.3 is an independent music discovery platform that expanded to listeners in Colorado Springs in April and today announced its expansion to the Vail Valley.
“The expansion of Indie 102.3 to new areas of Colorado comes at a moment when exploring local music through live shows is nearly impossible,” said Program Director Willobee Carlan. “When we launched a year ago, we didn’t know just how important musical escape would be in 2020. We’re thrilled to bring our commitment to music discovery to a larger group of Coloradans.”
Indie 102.3’s rebrand last year involved shifting the focus to elevating Colorado-based music, musicians and experiences, with shows such as “Especial,” which showcases independent Latin music, “Bootleg Sessions,” which airs local concerts captured live throughout Colorado, and “More From The Local 303,” which is a deep dive exploration of Colorado’s music scene. In addition to local programming, listeners can also hear the internationally syndicated independent new music show “Passport Approved.” In its first year, Indie 102.3’s audience has grown significantly.
In April, Indie 102.3 began airing in Colorado Springs at 102.1 FM (and 1490 AM). In the Vail Valley, Indie 102.3 will operate at 88.5 FM, which transferred ownership from Rocky Mountain Public Media to CPR in June. The addition of Indie 102.3 to the Vail Valley means listeners there will now have access to all three of CPR’s services, including CPR News and CPR Classical.
About Colorado Public Radio
Colorado Public Radio is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization delivering meaningful news, music, and cultural experiences to everyone in Colorado using the power of the human voice in all its forms. Roughly 95 percent of CPR’s funds come from the private support of listeners, businesses and foundations. For more information, visit www.cpr.org.
- CPR News delivers in-depth, insightful and impartial news and information from around the world, across the nation and throughout Colorado, examining its relevance to our state and connecting it to our community.
- CPR Classical takes listeners on an in-depth exploration of thoughtfully curated music – with an emphasis on Colorado’s classical community – providing context to a broad range of meaningful and compelling works from past to present.
- Indie 102.3 takes listeners inside the world of new and independent music – exposing them to up-and-coming artists and highlighting Colorado’s local music scene.
- Denverite is an online news source dedicated to Denver's curious and concerned.
- KRCC is a public radio station in Colorado Springs, Colorado, serving Southeastern Colorado including Colorado Springs, Woodland Park, Pueblo and La Junta. Mountain communities via translator are Buena Vista, Salida, Westcliffe, Gardner, Villa Grove, Trinidad and Raton, NM. KRCC is operated by Colorado Public Radio in partnership with Colorado College.