Centennial, Colo., Dec. 27, 2022 - Colorado Public Radio announced today the hiring of Dana Meyers as a new host at Indie 102.3.
“I am very excited to welcome Dana back to Colorado and to our Indie 102.3 air staff,” Indie 102.3 Program Director Willobee Carlan said. “I have been a fan of her work for many years. Dana brings extensive programming and on air experience. I know Indie 102.3 listeners will give her a warm welcome.”
Dana Meyers joins Indie 102.3 after a 23-year career in radio, most recently with WZBA in Baltimore as a host and production director. Meyers grew up in Boulder, Colorado, and got her start in radio at the student-run station at the University of Colorado Boulder. After relocating to the East Coast, she interned for WHFS in Washington, D.C., working her way up to becoming a host and production director, then hosting afternoons when the station was relaunched in Baltimore. She then joined the inaugural on-air staff of WSFS/Miami as afternoon host and hosted mornings at WXNX/Fort Myers.
“We are delighted to welcome Dana to Indie 102.3, but at the same time, we are saying goodbye to morning host Jeremy Petersen, who left Colorado during the pandemic,” Sean Nethery, senior vice president of content, said. "We are grateful to Jeremy for providing terrific hosting from afar during that unprecedented time. Now that things are mostly back to normal, hosts need to be members of the Colorado community, attending events, interviewing musicians in our onsite performance studio and more."
Jeremy Petersen joined Colorado Public Radio in 2015 as a morning host on OpenAir, now Indie 102.3. For the last seven years, he accompanied listeners in the morning with his extensive music knowledge and features such as “Cover with your Coffee.” He penned the weekly Inside Track newsletter with local music news, videos and concert information, and curated a monthly “Waking Life” playlist of new music. He conducted numerous interviews with artists over the years, including Nathaniel Rateliff, Jade Bird and Johnny Marr.
Meyers’ first day is Jan. 3, and listeners can expect to start hearing her mid-January. Indie 102.3 airs statewide through a network of signals, which can be explored on this map.
About Colorado Public Radio
Colorado Public Radio is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization delivering meaningful news, music, and cultural experiences to everyone in Colorado using the power of the human voice in all its forms. Roughly 95 percent of CPR’s funds come from the private support of listeners, businesses and foundations. For more information, visit www.cpr.org.
- CPR News delivers in-depth, insightful and impartial news and information from around the world, across the nation and throughout Colorado, examining its relevance to our state and connecting it to our community.
- CPR Classical takes listeners on an in-depth exploration of thoughtfully curated music – with an emphasis on Colorado’s classical community – providing context to a broad range of meaningful and compelling works from past to present.
- Indie 102.3 takes listeners inside the world of new and independent music – exposing them to up-and-coming artists and highlighting Colorado’s local music scene.
- Denverite is an online news source dedicated to Denver's curious and concerned.
- KRCC is a public radio station in Colorado Springs, Colorado, serving Southern Colorado. KRCC is operated by Colorado Public Radio in partnership with Colorado College.