Indie 102.3 Welcomes Shawn Lucero as Host and Promotions Coordinator
Centennial, Colo. April 25, 2023 - Indie 102.3, the independent music station from Colorado Public Radio, announced the hiring of a new host and promotions coordinator. Shawn Lucero joins Indie 102.3 on May 1 after working as a host and program director for a number of rock and alternative stations, most recently X1039 in Colorado Springs.
“We’re very lucky to be welcoming someone who’s such a vital part of the Colorado Springs radio landscape to Indie 102.3,” Program Director Willobee Carlan said. “Shawn is a great host, and I can’t wait for the rest of the state to get to know her.”
Lucero got her start in radio in 2002 as an intern and weekend mornings host with 94.3 KILO in Colorado Springs. Since then, she served stints at 98KUPD (Phoenix) and 101.5 K-Rock (KMKF/Manhattan, Kansas) before returning to 94.3 KILO as the music director and midday host. In 2019, she joined X1039 as the program director.
“I appreciate the opportunities and growth I’ve had in my radio career so far,” said Lucero. “I look forward to working with such a great lineup of radio professionals at Indie 102.3 and to be a part of a station that is so fresh, diverse, music-centric and local.”
Indie 102.3 takes listeners inside the world of new and independent music, exposing them to up-and-coming artists and highlighting Colorado’s local music scene. The station broadcasts around Colorado via a network of signals and has been part of the radio dial in Colorado Springs since early 2022.
Starting in mid-May, listeners will hear Lucero on weekend afternoons. In addition to hosting, she'll be responsible for coordinating Indie 102.3’s agreements with promoters, venues and artists across Colorado.
Learn more about Indie 102.3:
About Colorado Public Radio
Colorado Public Radio is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization delivering meaningful news, music, and cultural experiences to everyone in Colorado using the power of the human voice in all its forms. Roughly 95 percent of CPR’s funds come from the private support of listeners, businesses and foundations. For more information, visit www.cpr.org.
- CPR News delivers in-depth, insightful and impartial news and information from around the world, across the nation and throughout Colorado, examining its relevance to our state and connecting it to our community.
- CPR Classical takes listeners on an in-depth exploration of thoughtfully curated music – with an emphasis on Colorado’s classical community – providing context to a broad range of meaningful and compelling works from past to present.
- Indie 102.3 takes listeners inside the world of new and independent music – exposing them to up-and-coming artists and highlighting Colorado’s local music scene.
- Denverite is an online news source dedicated to Denver's curious and concerned.
- KRCC is a public radio station in Colorado Springs, Colorado, serving Southern Colorado. KRCC is operated by Colorado Public Radio in partnership with Colorado College.