Colorado Springs, Aug. 25, 2022 - KRCC is pleased to announce its new local host of Morning Edition. Jess Hazel comes to KRCC from Yellowstone Public Radio and starts Sept. 1.
"I'm excited to welcome Jess to KRCC,” said Andrea Chalfin, managing editor of KRCC. “Their passion for being a morning host and speaking with the listeners is really clear, and I know they'll be a great addition to the news team."
Hazel has been working in eastern Montana as a Morning Edition host and reporter since graduating from journalism school at the University of Montana in 2018. They have reported on criminal justice, education and environmental science. For a recent story, which aired nationwide on All Things Considered, they followed a high school biology class on a trip to Yellowstone National Park.
“I can't wait to meet the people of Southern Colorado,” said Hazel. “I’m looking forward to building connections with listeners through a shared appreciation for storytelling and public radio.”
NPR’s Morning Edition is the most listened-to news radio program in the country, and it airs on KRCC weekdays from 4-9 a.m. Throughout the show, which features reporting from around the world, local hosts share stories and information with listeners. Hazel will guide listeners in Southern Colorado through the program starting in the 6:00 a.m. hour. View KRCC’s full schedule here.
About Colorado Public Radio
Colorado Public Radio is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization delivering meaningful news, music, and cultural experiences to everyone in Colorado using the power of the human voice in all its forms. Roughly 95 percent of CPR’s funds come from the private support of listeners, businesses and foundations. For more information, visit www.cpr.org.
- CPR News delivers in-depth, insightful and impartial news and information from around the world, across the nation and throughout Colorado, examining its relevance to our state and connecting it to our community.
- CPR Classical takes listeners on an in-depth exploration of thoughtfully curated music – with an emphasis on Colorado’s classical community – providing context to a broad range of meaningful and compelling works from past to present.
- Indie 102.3 takes listeners inside the world of new and independent music – exposing them to up-and-coming artists and highlighting Colorado’s local music scene.
- Denverite is an online news source dedicated to Denver's curious and concerned.
- KRCC is a public radio station in Colorado Springs, Colorado, serving Southern Colorado. KRCC is operated by Colorado Public Radio in partnership with Colorado College.