The Colorado Music Festival returns this summer for its 40th season, and organizers this week announced what’s on the schedule.
The six-week festival will host featured musicians including pianist Olga Kern, violinist Gil Shaham and genre-bending classical trio Time for Three. Giora Bernstein, the conductor who founded CMF 40 years ago, will also make an appearance.
Music Director Jean-Marie Zeitouni returns to Chautauqua Auditorium for his third year with the summer festival.
- June 29: Pianist Olga Kern opens the season with a performance of Sergei Prokofiev’s Piano Concerto No. 1.
- July 2: Giora Bernstein returns for a program featuring Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s 35th and 38th symphonies.
- July 18: String trio Time for Three performs.
- Aug. 3: The festival orchestra performs Gustav Mahler’s massive Ninth Symphony.
- Aug. 4: Violinist Gil Shaham plays a still-undecided concerto alongside Ludwig van Beethoven’s Symphony No. 7.