Film Review: Best of 2011
The New York critics picked one film as the best of the year; the L.A. critics another. Colorado Public Radio film critic Howie Movshovitz tried to pick just one, but couldn’t.
Here's is the list of films he mentions (with links to the ones he has previously reviewed):
- Meek's Cutoff (Directed by Kelly Reichardt)
- Incendies (Directed by Denis Villeneuve)
- Poetry (Directed by Lee Chang-dong)
- Of Gods and Men (Directed by Xavier Beauvois)
- Le Havre (Directed by Aki Kaurismaki)
- The Artist (Directed by Michel Hazanavicious)
- The Tree of Life (Directed by Terrence Malik)
- The Beginners (Directed by Mike Mills)
- The Descendants (Directed by Alexander Payne)
- City of Life and Death (Directed by Lu Chuan)
- Cave of Forgotten Dreams (Directed by Werner Herzog)
- Blue Valentine (Directed by Derek Cianfrance)
Click here for more film reviews.
You want to know what is really going on these days, especially in Colorado. We can help you keep up. The Lookout is a free, daily email newsletter with news and happenings from all over Colorado. Sign up here and we will see you in the morning!