Recipe: Broncos-themed cocktails for the Super Bowl
PFM Old Fashioned
- 1.75 oz Jack Daniels Tennessee Sour Mash Whiskey
- 1 slice fresh orange
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Splash of fresh orange juice
Combine the ingredients. Serve on the rocks
Hurry! Hurry! Sazerac
- 1.3 oz George Dickel Rye Whisky
- 1 sugar cube or 3/4 oz simple syrup
- Several dashes of Peychoud's bitters
- Absinthe or another anise-flavored spirit
- Lemon twist
Add ice to an old-fashioned glass. Let chill while making drink.
In a mixing glass or shaker, muddle the sugar or simple syrup with the bitters. Add ice and Rye Whisky and stir.
Discard ice from old- fashioned glass and add a small amount of Absinthe. Swirl in glass and discard excess.
Strain whiskey mixture into glass. Zest the lemon twist into glass and leave on the side of the glass as a garnish.
You want to know what is really going on these days, especially in Colorado. We can help you keep up. The Lookout is a free, daily email newsletter with news and happenings from all over Colorado. Sign up here and we will see you in the morning!