Coal-fired heating likely sparked Yampa hotel fire

January 5, 2015

A problem with the coal-fired heating system in Yampa's Royal Hotel is believed to have caused the fire that destroyed the historic building.

The fire started Saturday night and continued into Sunday. No injuries were reported.

You Care.

You are one of the CPR readers who wants to know what is really going on these days. We can help you keep up - The Lookout is a free, daily email newsletter with news and happenings from all over Colorado. Sign up here and we will see you in the morning!