- From a rope trick artist, to a 12-year-old fiddle virtuoso and a young bull rider, CPR arts reporter Corey H. Jones and digital producer Nathaniel Minor bring you the sights and sounds from the National Western Stock Show and Rodeo in Denver.
- In this week’s Book Club segment, three award-winning Colorado authors -- Peter Heller, Helen Thorpe and Lisa Jones -- discuss the challenges of finding potboiling page-turners that satisfy their literary palates.
- Extreme skier Chris Anthony’s fascination with the veterans of the 10th Mountain Division led him to create and star in a documentary about the World War II “soldiers on skis.” He talked to Colorado Matters host Ryan Warner about how he’s now folding the film into his educational outreach efforts.
- Ouray author Kent Nelson’s new captivating collection of short fiction, called “Spirit Bird,” won the prestigious Drue Heinz Literature Prize. CPR’s Ryan Warner spoke with Nelson about his book and why he became a writer.
- When fashion is often divided into male and female trends, deciding what to wear can be challenging for transgender teens. Lakewood high school teacher Benjamin Dancer and 20-year-old Kylar Luckinbill, who is transgender, talked to CPR about gender identity and American fashion.
- A new exhibition at Denver’s Leon Gallery features images of 40 notable Colorado musicians both onstage and in the comforts of their homes. OpenAir’s Daniel Mescher spoke with photographer Glenn Ross about how he got the idea for the project.
- View a slideshow from Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper’s inauguration concert at Denver’s Ogden Theater on Tuesday, featuring The Lumineers, Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats, and String Cheese Incident.
Arts happenings around Colorado this weekend:
- CPR’s Arts Bureau spotlights this weekend’s Colorado cultural happenings, including dance, music and community events that commemorate Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
Coverage from CPR's arts bureau is now also available as a weekly podcast via iTunes and the NPR podcast directory.
You are one of the CPR readers who wants to know what is really going on these days. We can help you keep up - The Lookout is a free, daily email newsletter with news and happenings from all over Colorado. Sign up here and we will see you in the morning!