RTD approves Denver bus, rail fare hike
The local one-way cash fare of $2.25 is set to rise to $2.60, while monthly passes will jump from $79 to $99. A new unlimited day pass will run $5.20.
Here are more details from RTD:
- Regional bus and rail fares for $4.50 per boarding or $9 for a Regional Day Pass for unlimited Local and Regional trips, including those to and from Denver International Airport.
- Day Passes priced at the cost of a round trip—eliminating the need for paper transfers—and available for purchase from printers on buses or ticket-vending machines at train stations.
- An Airport fare of $9 – $4 lower than the current, highest SkyRide trip.
- Fewer light rail zones, allowing more rail passengers to travel on a Local fare.
- A zone-based system on bus routes, including the BRT corridor between Denver and Boulder.
Advocates for the poor protested the new fare structure, telling the Denver Post it was "fundamentally unjust."
You want to know what is really going on these days, especially in Colorado. We can help you keep up. The Lookout is a free, daily email newsletter with news and happenings from all over Colorado. Sign up here and we will see you in the morning!