The plan was unveiled Wednesday at a meeting of the City Council's Infrastructure & Culture Committee, the Denver Post reports. Here are the highlights:
- The 2,600-seat Boettcher Concert Hall comes down.
- A new building on the Boettcher site house the city’s performing arts school.
- A 1,200-seat venue replaces the parking garage at 14th and Arapahoe streets.
- The Sculpture Park would be overhauled, enlarged, raised and gain a pavilion.
- A parking facility would go under the Sculpture Park.
- Three high-rise residential towers could be part of the complex.
You want to know what is really going on these days, especially in Colorado. We can help you keep up. The Lookout is a free, daily email newsletter with news and happenings from all over Colorado. Sign up here and we will see you in the morning!