Denver Mayor Will Lay Out Gentrification, Displacement Challenges In State Of City Address
Denver Mayor Michael Hancock gives his State of the City Address today. He says he'll focus on ways for everyone to share in the city's recent prosperity, with particular attention to gentrification. He'll outline a program to shield current residents from displacement, and teach new residents about the history of certain neighborhoods.
More gentrification, displacement coverage:
- Developer Wins Praise From Activists Grappling With Gentrification's
- Developer Says Gentrification Doesn’t Have To Mean Displacement
- Gentrification Critics Demand To Be Heard As Developers Rides Boom
- Heat Turns On Denver Leaders After Ink! Coffee's 'Happily Gentrifying'
- On East Colfax, Affordability Goals, Gentrification Are Neck And Neck
Refresh this story for details after the speech.
You want to know what is really going on these days, especially in Colorado. We can help you keep up. The Lookout is a free, daily email newsletter with news and happenings from all over Colorado. Sign up here and we will see you in the morning!