Colorado Democratic U.S. Rep. Jared Polis is banking on his wealth, entrepreneurial experience and anti-Donald Trump sentiment as he seeks to win over independents in his quest to succeed term-limited centrist Democrat Gov. John Hickenlooper.
Polis' Republican opponent, state Treasurer Walker Stapleton, is appealing to Colorado's large independent voting bloc, calling the liberal Polis "too extreme" for Colorado. He argues Colorado cannot afford Polis' ideas for tackling underfunded schools and roads and renewable energy standards.
Where do the candidates stand on the issues? We've lined up a comparison of the major party candidates below. For more in-depth information, click on either "Yes," "No," or "It's Complicated." The Unity Party ticket is Bill Hammons & Eric Bodenstab and Scott Helker and Michele Poague represent the Libertarian Party.
- Back To The CPR 2018 Election Guide
- Jared Polis On What He’d Do As Governor
- Walker Stapleton On What He'd Do As Governor
- Watch Polis And Stapleton Debate In Colorado Springs
- Watch Polis And Stapleton Debate At Colorado State University
- Where Polis And Stapleton Stand On Nathan Dunlap And The Death Penalty
- Polis-Stapleton TV Ad Fact Check via Coloradosun.com
You are one of the CPR readers who wants to know what is really going on these days. We can help you keep up - The Lookout is a free, daily email newsletter with news and happenings from all over Colorado. Sign up here and we will see you in the morning!