President Donald Trump will address a joint session of Congress at 7 p.m. MST.
It will be President Trump's second official State of the Union address — and his third address to a joint session of Congress — where he will lay out his agenda for the coming year.
Trump is expected to discuss the partial government shutdown and the continued standoff about border wall funding
Here is who Colorado’s delegation is taking to the State of the Union:
- Michael Bennet (D) — His high school-aged daughter
- Cory Gardner (R) — Colorado Republican National Committeewoman Vera Ortegon
- Diana DeGette (D-District 1) — Kennya Sanchez, a Teach for America corps member who grew up in Avon and Denver and who now teaches kindergarten to native Spanish speakers
- Joe Neguse (D-District 2) — A DACA recipient born in Mexico who is studying engineering at Colorado State University
- Scott Tipton (R-District 3) — Bob Jenkins, first chair of the Pitkin County Republican Party
- Ken Buck (R-District 4) — Buck's office said he will bring "a friend from the National Home Builders Association"
- Doug Lamborn (R-District 5) — His wife and his son
- Jason Crow (D-District 6) — Mary Majok of metro Denver, mother of Potros Mabany, who was killed in Aurora in March 2018 by gun violence. He was 21 years old.
- Ed Perlmutter (D-District 7) — Gave his guest ticket to Rep. Kathy Castor (D-Fla.), who invited Hilary Shelton, director of NAACP’s Washington bureau.
You want to know what is really going on these days, especially in Colorado. We can help you keep up. The Lookout is a free, daily email newsletter with news and happenings from all over Colorado. Sign up here and we will see you in the morning!