A Dramatic End To The Electoral Count
- Final Electoral College Objections Dispatched In Late Night Session After Day Of Mayhem In DC
- How Colorado Congressmembers Reacted To The Storming Of The US Capitol
- Storming The Capitol Didn't Change The Election, Some Trump Backers Realize (via NPR)
- Some Republican Senators Walk Back Objections To Election Results (via NPR)
- Which Members of Congress Objected to Certifying Biden’s Victory? (via NY Times)
- Hundreds Gather For Pro-Trump Rally Outside Colorado Capitol (via Denverite)
The Capitol was under siege for hours Wednesday, forcing lawmakers into hiding before being evacuated by police. Earlier, at a huge rally near the White House, the president had urged his supporters to march to Capitol Hill to protest his election defeat. Congress eventually resumed after the protest, and lawmakers confirmed Biden won.
Trump promised an “orderly transition” on Jan. 20.