"The Playlist League," the newest podcast from Colorado Public Radio’s OpenAir, pits playlist against playlist and you, the listener, decide the winner.
Each participant drafts five songs within a certain musical theme, one track at a time. Then, listeners vote on whose playlist is the best, and the curator of the playlist with the most votes will select the theme for the next episode.
Episode 2 features CPR's OpenAir hosts selecting their favorite songs with girls' names in the title, a theme selected by Episode 1 winner Jeremy Petersen. Jessi Whitten, Scott Carney and Alisha Sweeney also participate in this month's episode.
Below, see their individual song selections and listen along with a Spotify playlist. Then, cast your vote by Nov. 30. If you include your email address with your ballot, you'll be automatically entered to win a pair of tickets to Brent Cowles' Dec. 14 concert at the Bluebird Theater (Update: Voting is now closed).
Subscribe to "The Playlist League" wherever you get podcasts. Also, check out more podcast offerings from Colorado Public Radio.
The theme music for "The Playlist League" is performed by Dressy Bessy.
- Dolly Parton: "Jolene"
- Michael Jackson: "Billie Jean"
- The Smiths: "Sheila Take A Bow"
- They Might Be Giants: "Ana Ng"
- Alex Cameron: "Candy May"
- Patti Smith: "Gloria"
- The Ramones: "Judy Is A Punk"
- T. Rex: "Debora"
- M83: "Kim and Jessie"
- Dexys Midnight Runners: "Come On Eileen"
- The Velvet Underground: "Sweet Jane"
- PJ Harvey: "Sheela-Na-Gig"
- Stephen Malkmus: "Jenny and the Ess-Dog"
- Flight of the Conchords: "Carol Brown"
- Johnny Cash: "Delia's Gone"
- Nina Simone: "Suzanne"
- The Flaming Lips: "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robot"
- The Beach Boys: "Caroline, No"
- Prince: "The Ballad of Dorthy Parker"
- Air: "Kelly Watch the Stars"