"The Playlist League," the newest podcast from Colorado Public Radio’s OpenAir, pits playlist against playlist and you, the listener, decide the winner.
Each participant drafts five songs within a certain musical theme, one track at a time. Then, listeners vote on whose playlist is the best, and the curator of the playlist with the most votes will select the theme for the next episode.
Episode 3 features CPR's OpenAir hosts selecting their favorite songs for the new year, a theme selected by Episode 2 winner Jessi Whitten. Jeremy Petersen, Bruce Trujillo and Alisha Sweeney also participate in this month's episode.
Below, see their individual song selections and listen along with a Spotify playlist. Then, cast your vote by Jan. 25. (Update: The poll is now closed.)
If you include your email address with your ballot, you'll be automatically entered to win a pair of tickets to Sharon Van Etten's Feb. 18 concert at the Gothic Theatre.
Subscribe to "The Playlist League" wherever you get podcasts. Also, check out more podcast offerings from Colorado Public Radio. The theme music for "The Playlist League" is performed by Dressy Bessy.
- The Zombies: "This Will Be Our Year"
- Eels: "Today Is the Day"
- Jessica Lea Mayfield: "Sorry Is Gone"
- Bright Eyes: "First Day of My Life"
- Daft Punk: "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger"
- Death Cab for Cutie: "The New Year"
- Songs: Ohia: "Farewell Transmission"
- LCD Soundsystem: "Dance Yrself Clean"
- The New Pornographers: "Go Places"
- Mac McCaughan: "Happy New Year (Prince Can't Die Again)"
- Neutral Milk Hotel: "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea"
- Yeasayer: "2080"
- R.E.M.: "Begin the Begin"
- Skeeter Davis: "End of the World"
- The Walkmen: "In the New Year"
- The Beatles: "Here Comes the Sun"
- Overcoats: "Leave the Light On"
- Lucero: "Raising Hell"
- Chicano Batman: "Run"
- David Bowie: "Changes"