"The Playlist League" podcast pits playlist against playlist and you, the listener, decide the winner.
Each participant drafts five songs within a certain musical theme, one track at a time. Then, listeners vote on whose playlist is the best, and the curator of the playlist with the most votes will select the theme for the next episode.
Episode 4 features CPR's OpenAir hosts selecting their favorite love songs performed by two singers, a theme selected by Episode 3 winner Jeremy Petersen. Jessi Whitten, Bruce Trujillo and Alisha Sweeney also participate in this month's episode.
Below, see their individual song selections and listen along with a Spotify playlist. Then, cast your vote by Feb. 25 (Update: Voting is now closed).
If you include your email address with your ballot, you'll be automatically entered to win a pair of tickets to Kurt Vile's Feb. 28 concert at the Ogden Theatre.
Subscribe to "The Playlist League" wherever you get podcasts. Also, check out more podcast offerings from Colorado Public Radio. The theme music for "The Playlist League" is performed by Dressy Bessy.
- Nick Cave & Kylie Minogue: "Where the Wild Roses Grow"
- Johnny Cash & June Carter: "Jackson"
- The Human League: "Don't You Want Me"
- John Doe & Kathleen Edwards: "The Golden State"
- Dean & Britta: "Night Nurse"
- Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell: "Ain't No Mountain High Enough"
- Moldy Peaches: "Anyone Else But You"
- Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty: "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around"
- Marlon Williams & Aldous Harding: "Nobody Gets What They Want Anymore"
- Alex Cameron & Angel Olsen: "Stranger's Kiss"
- The Postal Service: "Nothing Better"
- The Magnetic Fields: "Yeah, Oh Yeah!"
- Sonny & The Sunsets: "Green Blood"
- Stars: "Your Ex-Lover is Dead"
- Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros: "Home"
- Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers: "Islands in the Stream"
- Prince: "U Got the Look"
- Jane Birkin & Serge Gainsbourg: "Je t'aime… moi non plus"
- Iris DeMent & John Prine: "In Spite of Ourselves"
- Andrew Bird & Fiona Apple: "Left Handed Kisses"