Colorado Public Radio Announces New Storytelling Podcast
Centennial, Colo., March 14, 2023 - Colorado Public Radio announced today a new podcast focused on sharing Coloradans’ stories recorded at live storytelling events. “My Story So Far” is hosted by CPR Community Audio Producer Luis Antonio Perez and comes out March 23.
“Participating in story slams and organizing them changed my life,” Perez said. “Feeling how powerful it is to tell my own stories in front of an audience and witnessing that thrill in others is captivating. With this podcast, we are seeking out people whose stories haven't been represented yet, offering them coaching and the chance to speak their truths in a supportive space full of people who can directly relate to their experiences.”
“My Story So Far” will initially contain six episodes, each featuring stories around a shared experience captured at live storytelling events in Colorado. At each event, people shared their personal stories – some for the first time ever – before an audience of others from the same community.
Stories at these events have included formerly incarcerated people talking about rebuilding their lives, high school students in Aurora participating in a youth podcasting program, Marshall Fire survivors describing what they learned from the tragedy and restaurant industry workers from the Denver metro area sharing memories of tough jobs they can’t help but love. Before each event, storytellers worked with Perez as their coach to learn how to craft and hone their stories.
Perez joined CPR’s Audio Innovations Studio in 2020, bringing vast experience in storytelling, radio and podcasting. He’s won several story slams as a storyteller himself, and he brings this passion for personal narratives to the podcast as its host and coach. Perez is also a co-host of the award-winning "Music Blocks" podcast from CPR and has worked as a producer on other CPR podcasts including “¿Quién Are We?” and “Back From Broken.”
A trailer for “My Story So Far” is available now. The podcast debuts on March 23 and the first season will feature six episodes released every other week on Thursdays. Follow “My Story So Far” on Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
To learn more about CPR’s community audio initiatives and get updates on this podcast and future storytelling events, visit this page.
About Colorado Public Radio
Colorado Public Radio is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization delivering meaningful news, music, and cultural experiences to everyone in Colorado using the power of the human voice in all its forms. Roughly 95 percent of CPR’s funds come from the private support of listeners, businesses and foundations. For more information, visit www.cpr.org.
- CPR News delivers in-depth, insightful and impartial news and information from around the world, across the nation and throughout Colorado, examining its relevance to our state and connecting it to our community.
- CPR Classical takes listeners on an in-depth exploration of thoughtfully curated music – with an emphasis on Colorado’s classical community – providing context to a broad range of meaningful and compelling works from past to present.
- Indie 102.3 takes listeners inside the world of new and independent music – exposing them to up-and-coming artists and highlighting Colorado’s local music scene.
- Denverite is an online news source dedicated to Denver's curious and concerned.
- KRCC is a public radio station in Colorado Springs, Colorado, serving Southern Colorado. KRCC is operated by Colorado Public Radio in partnership with Colorado College.