Denver, Jan. 24, 2024 - CPR News has launched a new segment showcasing arts happenings in Colorado. CO Arts Spotlight airs three times on Thursdays and features an accompanying web component. It is hosted by CPR News arts and culture reporter Eden Lane.
“CO Arts Spotlight spans all disciplines — theater, dance, music, visual art, film, writing and so much more — and in every part of our state!” said Lane. “This segment is an extra spotlight on what listeners should know and what's occurring in Colorado’s arts community.”
Lane and her editor choose a variety of events to publish in the list each Thursday, as well as highlighting newsier items of interest in the arts. While it would be impossible to create a comprehensive list of all weekly events, they aim to give readers and listeners a sense of the breadth of Colorado’s arts and cultural happenings. Entries are not endorsements or reviews.
Lane joined CPR News as the arts and culture reporter in 2022 after many years of covering arts and community affairs in Denver for various media outlets. Her 2022 story about a world-class violinist who became homeless won a Regional Edward R. Murrow Award for excellence in sound.
Arts groups with news or events to share may email Lane at [email protected] for consideration. The CO Arts Spotlight can be heard on CPR News and KRCC on Thursdays at 6:32 a.m., 8:32 a.m., and 4:32 p.m. or 5:32 p.m., or found online at cpr.org.
Media inquiries: Clara Shelton, [email protected]
About Colorado Public Radio
Colorado Public Radio is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization delivering meaningful news, music, and cultural experiences to everyone in Colorado using the power of the human voice in all its forms. Roughly 95 percent of CPR’s funds come from the private support of listeners, businesses and foundations. For more information, visit www.cpr.org.
- CPR News delivers in-depth, insightful and impartial news and information from around the world, across the nation and throughout Colorado, examining its relevance to our state and connecting it to our community.
- CPR Classical takes listeners on an in-depth exploration of thoughtfully curated music – with an emphasis on Colorado’s classical community – providing context to a broad range of meaningful and compelling works from past to present.
- Indie 102.3 takes listeners inside the world of new and independent music – exposing them to up-and-coming artists and highlighting Colorado’s local music scene.
- Denverite is an online news source dedicated to Denver's curious and concerned.
- KRCC is a public radio station in Colorado Springs, Colorado, serving Southern Colorado. KRCC is operated by Colorado Public Radio in partnership with Colorado College.