Its sponsor, Senator Linda Newell (D-Littleton), said Colorado is seeing too many kids ending up in the hospital after accidentally eating cookies with marijuana baked into them.
“That’s the problem that we’re seeing now with the spike in emergency room visits," Newell said. "Even the urgent care and doctor visits have increased, too.”
No one testified against the bill; some marijuana trade groups testified in favor of it.
The House has already approved the bil, now slated to go before the Senate.