(Photo: Courtesy of Ed Flores)Tune in to the Colorado Art Report, CPR's weekly arts show hosted by Chloe Veltman, for in-depth coverage of the Colorado culture scene.
On this week's show:
- Known as the “Olympics” of ballet, the USA International Ballet Competition is currently underway in Jackson, Mississippi and three Colorado dancers are competing. Chloe Veltman chats with Colorado Ballet artistic director Gil Boggs about Colorado’s showing at the event and the role of dance competitions.
- Last week, Daniel Ritchie, Chairman and CEO of Denver Center of the Performing Arts (DCPA) announced he will retire as soon as his successor is found. He speaks with Chloe Veltman about his career and what’s next for DCPA.
- Grammy Award-winning banjoist Bela Fleck insists that the Colorado Symphony plays the “Jupiter” Symphony at the 41st Telluride Bluegrass Festival this weekend. Fleck explains why to arts producer Stephanie Wolf.
- Arts reporter Corey H. Jones explores Oh Heck Yeah, a street arcade in downtown Denver that invites the public to play outdoor video games throughout the summer.
- Desert Dearly, a tribal fusion/Middle Eastern belly dance troupe in Pueblo, performs a radio dance for the CPR airwaves.
CPR's the Colorado Art Report airs on Fridays at 10.30 a.m. and 7.30 p.m. Tune in live or access online at any time.
You want to know what is really going on these days, especially in Colorado. We can help you keep up. The Lookout is a free, daily email newsletter with news and happenings from all over Colorado. Sign up here and we will see you in the morning!