CPR Classical celebrates contemporary composers based in the Centennial State each night this week. Hear music and stories from Colorado composers each weeknight at 7 on Colorado Spotlight.
- Monday: Carter Pann, a composer based at the University of Colorado whose music is featured in pianist Avguste Antonov's recital on Friday in Broomfield
- Tuesday: William Hill, the Colorado Symphony's principal timpanist who composed an orchestral piece based on Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven"
- Wednesday: Nathan Hall, who recently composed a unique set of 24 Preludes for the piano
- Thursday: Daniel Kellogg, who has collaborated with Pro Musica Colorado Chamber Orchestra and other ensembles
- Friday: Composers of the Playground Ensemble, a Denver group that champions new music and nurtures young musicians and composers
For more on Colorado artists, read about composer Charles Denler's recent collaboration with nature photographer John Fielder and the Boulder Philharmonic.
You've read another CPR classical story to the end. We have got just the thing for classical music lovers like you: a weekly email newsletter! Sign up here to stay up-to-date on CPR Classical programming, events and stories from the world of classical music.