The Colorado Voter’s Guide To The 2018 Election
With current Gov. John Hickenlooper term-limited, Colorado will choose another leader for the next four years on Election Day. Democratic U.S. Rep. Jared Polis and Republican state Treasurer Walker Stapleton are facing off to replace him in the biggest of the midterm races.
While many are focused on the topline matchup to replace Hickenlooper, that doesn't mean the undercards are anything to ignore — especially on the new tax front. Many municipalities and counties will be asking for money, and there's a few statewide asks too. The ballot in Colorado will have a lot for each voter to consider, it's our hope that this guide will help answer your questions.
Read The Online 2018 Blue Book: English | en Español
Read Colorado's Judicial Reviews Online
Where The Candidates Stand
- Governor: Jared Polis vs. Walker Stapleton
- Attorney General: George Brauchler vs. Phil Weiser
- Secretary of State: Jena Griswold vs. Wayne Williams
- Treasurer: Brian Watson vs. Dave Young
- CD 1: Rep. Diana DeGette vs. Casper Stockham
- CD 2: Joe Neguse vs. Peter Yu
- CD 3: Diane Mitsch Bush vs. Rep. Scott Tipton
- CD 4: Rep. Ken Buck vs. Karen McCormick
- CD 5: Rep. Doug Lamborn vs. Stephany Spaulding
- CD 6: Rep. Mike Coffman vs. Jason Crow
- CD 7: Mark Barrington vs. Rep. Ed Perlmutter
Constitutional Amendments On The Ballot
Amendment 73 - Tax Increase For Public Education
- A73 Explained
- Advocates See Amendment 73 As A Chance For Voters To ‘Make It Right’ For School Funding
Amendment 74 - Just Compensation For Government Takings
Amendment 75 - Raising Campaign Contribution Limits
Amendment A - Prohibition Of Slavery And Involuntary Servitude
Amendment V - Lower Age Requirement For State Legislature
Amendment W - Changes To Judicial Ballot Format
Amendment X - Industrial Hemp Definition
Amendment Y & Z - Congressional And Legislative Redistricting
Statewide Propositions On The Ballot
Proposition 109, "Fix Our Damn Roads"
Proposition 110, "Let's Go Colorado"
Proposition 111, Limits on Payday Loan Charges
Proposition 112, Setback Requirement for Oil and Gas
- Prop 112 Explained
- The Ballot Fight To Push Back Oil And Gas Is All About Winning Hearts And Minds
- Your Questions About 112, Answered
You want to know what is really going on these days, especially in Colorado. We can help you keep up. The Lookout is a free, daily email newsletter with news and happenings from all over Colorado. Sign up here and we will see you in the morning!