All month long we're taking an in-depth look at the female musicians who help create the rich history (and future) of classical music.
- Former Colorado Symphony Music Director Marin Alsop guides us through the music of some of her favorite female composers and tune in to hear some of her picks on March 22 at 8 a.m., 1p.m., 4 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Round out your classical music history by learning about great composers from Hildegard of Bingen to Florence Price.
- Pianist Lara Downes spoke with CPR Classical’s David Ginder about her Rising Sun series, new recordings which aim to help redefine and diversify the American canon of classical music.
- Tune in at 8 a.m., 1 p.m., 4 p.m., and 8 p.m. everyday for works from important female composers, musicians and conductors, plus the stories behind the music.
- Listen to our Spotify Playlist: 9 hours of music from 26 diverse women composers from throughout music history.
Listen to inspiring music everyday on CPR Classical
Listen to CPR Classical by clicking “Listen Live” on this website. You can also hear CPR Classical at 88.1 FM in Denver, at radio signals around Colorado, or ask your smart speaker to “Play CPR Classical.”
You read another CPR classical story to the end. We have got just the thing for classical music lovers like you: a weekly email newsletter! Sign up here to stay up-to-date on CPR Classical programming, events and stories from the world of classical music.