WMN And The Queen City Of The Plains Features Prominent Women Of Denver’s Music Scene
Some prominent women of Denver's music scene collaborated this month for a two-night show at Denver's Syntax Physic Opera. Billed as "WMN And The Queen City Of The Plains," the unique concerts featured members of eight female-fronted Denver bands.
More from OpenAir Sessions:
- Slow Caves Return To CPR's OpenAir With New 'Desert Minded' EP
- Bad Licks Perform At CPR's OpenAir Before Treefort Appearance
- John Craigie Celebrates The Release Of New LP In Colorado
Prior to the shows, we welcomed a few artists who participated into our CPR Performance Studio -- including Jess Parsons and members of Ivory Circle, Bluebook and Sinkra. These four acts each took a turn playing an original song.
They also spoke with Alicia Bruce Mitchell about how the concerts came together with the help of musician Wes Watkins and the many hard-working female musicians in Denver.
Stream the session above.
- Connie Hong of Ivory Circle: "Drown"
- Bluebook: "Keep Me"
- Jess Parsons: "Ride Us To The Grave"
- Sinkra: "Put Your Plans Aside"