Season two was released in early 2023
Systemic is an award-winning podcast that uses audio diaries and interviews to document the lives of people working to create change. In Season 2, the show follows a diverse group of educators, students and parents during a school year in which debates around race and equity in public education reached a fever pitch. Season 1, produced in the wake of George Floyd's death and the ensuing protests, follows Black Americans working to reform policing from inside and outside the system.
Learn more about how and why we made season two of Systemic.
- Meet two Black police officers — a young officer in the Minneapolis suburbs and a veteran sheriff's deputy in Colorado Springs — working to protect their communities at a pivotal moment.
- Since the death of George Floyd in 2020, America has been searching its soul over questions of racial injustice. Many people are looking for solutions to change a police culture that disproportionately harms people of color. They’re asking hard questions about what should be done to reform law enforcement. To capture this defining moment, we followed a group of people across the U.S., working to change police departments from the outside and within.
- Editor/Producer, Audio Innovations Studio
- Former Editor
- Podcast Producer & Project Manager, Audio Innovations Studio
- Community Audio Producer, Audio Innovations Studio
- Executive Producer, Audio Innovations