Elway’s brussel sprout hash
- 2 lbs. Brussels sprouts, cleaned, trimmed and julienned
- 4 oz. raw cubed bacon (use your favorite)
- 1 large sweet onion, small diced
- 2 oz. whole butter
- 4 oz. chicken stock/broth
- Sea salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 2 oz. toasted chopped pistachios
- Minced scallions for garnish
Steam julienned Brussels sprouts for 5 minutes, place on a sheet pan and set aside.
In a sauté pan over medium heat add the diced bacon and render until almost crispy, about 10 minutes.
Add the sweet onion and sauté with the bacon for an additional 5 minutes.
Add Brussels sprouts to the onion, bacon mixture and sauté until Brussels sprouts are hot, approx. 3-4 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add butter and chicken stock and let cook for 2 minutes.
Place in a beautiful serving dish and garnish with toasted pistachios and minced scallions.