The Colorado voter’s guide to the 2021 election
2021 is an off-year election, which means no marquee political races and only a limited number of statewide ballot measures. But there are still several important issues Colorado voters are being asked to weigh in on together (ballots go out Oct. 8!), in addition to numerous local issues depending on where you live in the state.
Colorado’s constitution says that statewide ballot measures in odd years can only pertain to financial matters, like taxes and state spending.
We hope this guide will help you understand the complicated financial policies behind the three statewide measures. If you’re new to voting in Colorado, we also have some basic information to help you make sure your ballot gets where it needs to be to be counted in time.
And for Denver residents, check here for Denverite’s guide to your very long list of local measures.
Voter Quick Links
- Have a question about voting? Read our FAQ
- A guide to signing the back of your ballot
- How to automatically track your ballot
- Find your sample ballot
- 2021 Blue Book Online: in English | en Español
Constitutional Amendments On The Ballot
Statewide Propositions On The Ballot
- Proposition 119: Learning enrichment and academic progress program, explained
- This Coalition Wants To Use Cannabis Money To Close COVID Learning Gaps For Low-Income Children
- Proposition 119 could give you money for your student’s activities — academic help, even sports and theater — but some question the way it would do it
Denverite Voter Guide
KRCC Voter Guides
- Colorado Springs Ballot Issue 2C: Should the existing sales tax for trails, open spaces and parks be extended and doubled?
- Colorado Springs Ballot Issue 2D: Retaining more revenues beyond the TABOR cap to create a wildfire mitigation fund
- Fremont County Special District Ballot Measure 6C: Raising the mill levy to fund emergency medical services
- Custer County Ballot Measure 1A: Raising the sales and use tax to build a new $18 million justice center
More stories to read about Colorado elections:
You want to know what is really going on these days, especially in Colorado. We can help you keep up. The Lookout is a free, daily email newsletter with news and happenings from all over Colorado. Sign up here and we will see you in the morning!