This is a show about recovery, hosted by CPR News host Vic Vela. Everyone knows someone who struggles with addiction or mental health issues or a physical ailment that has dramatically changed their life. This show is a place to regularly showcase courage and what it takes to come back.
- The powerful story of the friendship between a former NFL player facing the long journey of recovery and the photojournalist who refused to let him slip away.
- Morgan Sinclair wrestled with his identity as a trans man growing up. He turned to drugs to numb his feelings, and struggled with addiction. As a teen, he found a way to recover and heal.
- Lissa Yellow Bird-Chase's spiritual path to recovery is memorable and moving.
- Leah V was in a relationship that was tumultuous and, at times, abusive. But therapy changed her life and allowed her to heal.
- Actor Jim Belushi on coping with grief and finding a way to move forward.
- Lynn Chen struggled with an eating disorder, but found an unusual way to get help and heal.
- At an early age, Shane Price realized he could pour on the charm with women, and at 16 years old he started his career as a pimp. After a violent incident left him shaken, Shane made changes to his life.
- Tierre Caldwell spent time in a violent gang and developed addictions to drugs and alcohol as a teen. When he wound up in prison, he had to face his demons and find a way to stop using.
- Weekend Host / Reporter, Back from Broken
- Editor/Producer, Audio Innovations Studio, Back from Broken
- Editor/Producer, Back from Broken
- Former Editor, Back from Broken
- Community Audio Producer, Audio Innovations Studio, Back from Broken
- Podcast Producer & Project Manager, Audio Innovations Studio, Back from Broken
- Executive Producer, Audio Innovations, Back from Broken