The past two weeks, though, have been such a rich experience: a concentrated dose of the best of 2013. There are two ways you can peruse the entire list of my picks of the Best of 2013 for Sacred Classics. You can visit the CPR Classical playlist and click "Search playlist." Then go to the calendar for Jan. 5 and Jan. 12 results and find the 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. section for Sacred Classics. That’s best for finding something you remember hearing at a particular time.
The other way is to look below. I’ve included the entire list of recordings, with active links to follow to find out more about the CDs and order your own copy.
I’d love to hear your feedback on the Best of 2013. Feel free to leave a comment below or on our Facebook page.
The full list:
- BBC National Orchestra & Chorus of Wales: Parry: Works for Chorus and Orchestra
- Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles: Advent at Ephesus
- Bryn Terfel & The Mormon Tabernacle Choir: Homeward Bound
- Chanticleer: The Siren's Call
- Choir of the King's Consort: I Was Glad: Sacred Music of Stanford and Parry
- Choir of the Queen's College, Oxford: Handel-Scarlatti: Dixit Dominus
- Conspirare: Samuel Barber: An American Romantic
- Etherea Vocal Ensemble: Hymn to the Dawn
- Grant Park Chorus: Songs of Smaller Creatures
- Kansas City Chorale: Life and Breath: Choral Works by Rene Clausen
- Lahti Symphony Orchestra: Sibelius: Masonic Ritual Music
- Latvian Radio Choir: Rachmaninov: All-Night Vigil
- Latvian Radio Choir: Rautavaara: Missa a cappella
- Lincoln Cathedral Choir: John Ireland: My Song is Love Unknown
- London Oratory School Schola: Roxanna Panufnik: Love Abide
- Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra: Lorraine Hunt Lieberson
- Reinische Kantorei & Das Kleine Konzert: Ferdinand Ries: Der Sieg des Glaubens
- Seraphic Fire: Ave Maria: Gregorian Chant
- Seraphic Fire: Seraphic Fire
- Seraphic Fire: Silent Night
- Stile Antico: The Phoenix Rising
- The Choir of Christ Church Cathedral, Oxford: Choirs of Angels: Music from The Eton Choirbook, Vol. 2
- The King's Singers: Pater Noster: A Choral Reflection on the Lord's Prayer
- The Monteverdi Choir and The English Baroque Soloists: Bach Cantatas: Volume 28
- The Tallis Scholars: John Taverner: Missa Gloria tibi Trinitas
- Tonus Peregrinus: Music from The Eton Choirbook
- Vasari Singers: A Winter's Light: A Christmas Collection
- Westminster Choir: Flower of Beauty
- Westminster Williamson Voices: James Whitbourn: Annelies
David Rutherford hosts Sacred Classics from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. Sundays on cprclassical.org.
You read another CPR classical story to the end.
We have got just the thing for classical music lovers like you: a weekly email newsletter!
Sign up here to stay up-to-date on CPR Classical programming, events and stories from the world of classical music.