In its spring round of funding, the National Endowment for the Arts awarded 13 Colorado arts organizations roughly $2.6 million in grants.
- Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art: Project featuring the artist Natalie Jeremijenko.
- Crested Butte Music Festival: The Young Artist Program and the Opera Children's Chorus program.
- Central City Opera House Association: Support performances and a tour of Benjamin Britten's "The Prodigal Son," Lera Auerbach's "The Blind," and Joseph Bodin de Boismortier's "Don Quixote and the Duchess."
- Clyfford Still Museum's exhibition and a publication, "Clyfford Still: The Works on Paper."
- Lighthouse Writers Workshop, for a summer festival and year-round workshops, craft, seminars, public readings, salons, and on-stage interviews.
- Metropolitan State College of Denver's Center for Visual Arts (CVA) Young Artist Studio. A free, after-school contemporary art program for youth, students from local schools.
- New Dance Theatre's national tour in celebration of Cleo Parker Robinson Dance company's 45th anniversary season.
- Phamaly Theatre Company's production of "Cabaret," with book by Joe Masteroff, music by John Kander, and lyrics by Fred Ebb.
- National Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts's exhibitions and educational programming associated with the national conference for the ceramic arts in Kansas City, Missouri.
- University of Northern Colorado's Arts Education Leadership Institute.
- Vail Valley Foundation's 27th Vail International Dance Festival.
You are one of the CPR readers who wants to know what is really going on these days.
We can help you keep up - The Lookout is a free, daily email newsletter with news and
happenings from all over Colorado. Sign up here and we will see you in the morning!