Michael Elizabeth Sakas interviews Jerry Mallett, president of Colorado Headwaters, in the Homestake Creek valley between near Red Cliff in March 2021. Mallett’s group works to restore and protect areas like this one, where a proposed dam could be situated. (Hart Van Denburg/CPR News)
We are proud to call Colorado home.
Here in southern Colorado and across our beloved state, Colorado Public Radio and KRCC are especially proud to be the place you turn for conversations, storytelling, and daily news that connect us all in these challenging times.
As thanks for your generous support, we’ve prepared this special community page showing you the local impact of your partnership with us. Please know how grateful we are to have you at our side as we continue to write more of the southern Colorado story in 2023, from all of us at CPR and KRCC.
This feature was created by our membership department at Colorado Public Radio, which is solely responsible for the content.
- City officials want the public's input on plans for a new open space on the southwest side of town.
- This weekend, enjoy a play about partying and growing old, a Japanese doll and cultural festival, the Boulder International Film Festival, and more!
- It’s the latest downtown Colorado Springs business to temporarily close its doors following a series of unrelated incidents since last fall.
- Tuesday's forecast bodes well for firefighting operations.
- Concealed carry has been allowed on all University of Colorado campuses since 2012.
- This weekend, visit the theater, explore a "Magical Forest," enjoy live music and more!