Watch: Young Voices of Colorado Performs A Winter Treat From Edward Elgar
The group sings "The Snow," a song British composer Edward Elgar published in 1894.
The text -- composed by Elgar's wife, author Alice Elgar -- is full of dreamy, wintry imagery. Here's the opening passage:
O snow, which sinks so light,
Brown earth is hid from sight
O soul, be thou as white as snow,
O snow, which falls so slow,
Dear earth quite warm below;
O heart, so keep thy glow
Beneath the snow.
Hear seasonal choral music on CPR Classical throughout the 2016 holiday season.
More exclusive music from the CPR Performance Studio:
- Cantus Sings Haunting Music By Ysaye Barnwell
- Anderson & Roe Piano Duo Plays Music by Gluck
- Chanticleer Dazzles With A Pair of 16th Century Pieces
- Boulder's Matthew Dane Blends Classical, Indian Sounds On The Viola D’Amore
- An Electric Performance by Boulder Bach Festival's 'Venice on Fire' Musicians
Love Classical Music?
Stay in touch with our hosting team at CPR Classical and learn more about the classical events occurring in the community. Sign up here for our monthly newsletter.