The group sings "The Snow," a song British composer Edward Elgar published in 1894.
The text -- composed by Elgar's wife, author Alice Elgar -- is full of dreamy, wintry imagery. Here's the opening passage:
O snow, which sinks so light,
Brown earth is hid from sight
O soul, be thou as white as snow,
O snow, which falls so slow,
Dear earth quite warm below;
O heart, so keep thy glow
Beneath the snow.
Hear seasonal choral music on CPR Classical throughout the 2016 holiday season.
More exclusive music from the CPR Performance Studio:
- Cantus Sings Haunting Music By Ysaye Barnwell
- Anderson & Roe Piano Duo Plays Music by Gluck
- Chanticleer Dazzles With A Pair of 16th Century Pieces
- Boulder's Matthew Dane Blends Classical, Indian Sounds On The Viola D’Amore
- An Electric Performance by Boulder Bach Festival's 'Venice on Fire' Musicians