A round-up of can’t-miss events this month from The Rocky Mountain Food Report:
• 26th Annual Wine Festival of Colorado Springs: A benefit for the Colorado Springs Conservatory featuring a weekend of wine-centric events, including tastings, seminars and dinners. Held throughout the city at locations such as the Broadmoor and the Warehouse. March 2-4.
• Latte Art Throwdown and Brewers Cup: Third Space’s first-ever latte art competition, featuring baristas from across the city. Friday, March 3, 6:30-9 p.m. Third Space Coffee, 5670 N. Academy Blvd.
• McCabe’s Tavern 11th Anniversary: A celebration of this local icon with specials and live music starting at 6. Saturday, March 4, 3 p.m. to 2 a.m. McCabe’s Tavern, 520 S. Tejon St.
• JAKs Brewing’s New Location Grand Opening: A celebration with Rocky Mountain BBQ, Patty’s Gourmet Hamburgers and All Things Pita. Saturday, March 4, noon to 10 p.m. JAKs Brewing Company, 11860 Stapleton Drive, Falcon. (Come back Monday, March 6 from 5-8 p.m. for a fish fry courtesy Wild Goose Catering.)
• Rooster’s House of Ramen Pop-Up Restaurant: A collaboration between Rooster’s House of Ramen, Distillery 291 and the Report. This sneak peek of chef Mark Henry’s new outfit will be complimented by specialty drinks from 291. Find the full menu here. No reservations necessary, must be 21 or over. Thursday, March 9, 6-10 p.m. Distillery 291, 1647 S. Tejon St.
• Barrel Aged Coffee Release: A collaboration with Hold Fast Coffee Co. and Axe and the Oak, with specialty cocktails and tasters of the release. Thursday, March 9, 6-9 p.m. Axe and the Oak Whiskey House, 1604 S. Cascade Ave.
• Moments In History Wine Dinner: The Indian Independence Movement: The next installment of the Margarita’s history-themed wine dinners, offering seven courses and a little history of the era courtesy of The Wine Seller. Call 598-8667 for reservations. $65, plus tax and tip. Thursday, March 9, 6:30 p.m. The Margarita at PineCreek, 7350 Pine Creek Road.
• Barrelfest Spring 2017: An all-inclusive event showcasing Nano’s brews with perks like a private bartender, food tickets for trucks coming to the event, and a commemorative glass. Seating limited to 50 guests. $35. Saturday, March 11, noon to 3:30 p.m. Nano 108 Brewing Company, 2402 Waynoka Road.
• Monday School Night at TAPAteria with Blue Fish Distillery: A relaxed class led by Melissa Lewis of the local Blue Fish Distillery, who will serve Blue Fish cocktails with special tapas. RSVP at 471-8272. $20. Monday, March 13, 7 p.m. TAPAteria, 2607 W. Colorado Ave.
• 3.14 Second Annual National Pi Day Party: A day of pie- and pi-related activities including contests, food and drink specials, live music and math trivia (activities start at 4 p.m.) Tuesday, March 14, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. 3.14 Sweet & Savory Pi Bar, 5152 Centennial Blvd.
• Fly Boys & Peaks N Pines Food & Beer Pairing Pop-Up Dinner: A four-course dinner with a St. Patrick’s Day theme. Only 40 seats available, call the brewery or go online for reservations. $45. Tuesday, March 14, 6-8 p.m. Peaks N Pines Brewery, 4005 Tutt Blvd.
• Passport to Emilio Bulfon Wine Dinner: A benefit for local chef Maya of the Ethiopian restaurant Uchenna to help cover medical expenses, this dinner will focus on “exceptional lost varietals from Emilio Bulfon — some missed since Roman times,” with courses devised by chef Jay Gust (find the full menu here). Call Coaltrain for a seat at 475-9700. $59, plus tax and tip. Tuesday, March 14, 7 p.m. Pizzeria Rustica, 2527 W. Colorado Ave.
• Mira Wine Dinner: A paired dinner featuring rack of lamb, pork tenderloin and Mira wines. See the menu here. Tickets available by calling 632-1086. $75, plus tax and tip. Wednesday, March 15, 6:30 p.m. The Blue Star, 1645 S. Tejon St.
• 22nd Annual Pikes Peak Food and Wine Expo: A fun festival of food and drink with samples galore from restaurants and distributors with a cooking competition and craft cocktail competition. $45. Sunday, March 19, noon to 3 p.m. The Broadmoor World Arena, 3185 Venetucci Blvd.
• ChitChat: Chemistry of Beauty + Coffee Roasting: A dual lecture with snacks and beverages featuring Amanda Bowman, a chemistry professor from Colorado College, and Kelly Bubach of Urban Steam Coffee Bar and Cafe. $10-$15, free for UCCS students and GOCA PAC members. Thursday, March 23, 6:30-8:30 p.m. GOCA 121, 121 S. Tejon St.
• Beer Dinner with Gold Camp Brewing Co.: A night of authentic German brews from Gold Camp, served with Edelweiss’ award-winning German cuisine, served in a five-course meal. Reservations required. $50, plus tax and tip. Wednesday, March 29, 6-9 p.m. Edelweiss Restaurant, 34 E. Ramona Ave.
91.5 KRCC is partnering with The Rocky Mountain Food Report to present stories from their website about previews of new restaurants, updates on longtime favorites, dinners, pop-ups and more as they cover the Pikes Peak region’s food scene.
You want to know what is really going on in Southern Colorado these days. We have got just the thing for people like you: the KRCC Weekly Digest. Sign up here and we will see you in your email inbox soon!