We've collected exactly 250 minutes of your favorite pieces by the great Ludwig van Beethoven, whose 250th birthday we celebrate this December!
Ray White guides us through the lineup Nov. 25 @ 8am, Nov. 28 @ 10am, Dec. 1 @ 9am, Dec. 7 @ 2pm, and Dec. 16 @ 10am during our Beethoven Birthday Party!
Want to listen on your own schedule? Listen on Spotify!
Here's 250 minutes of your favorite Beethoven:
- Symphony #1: I Adagio molto - Allegro con brio
- Piano Sonata #23 "Appassionata": I Allego assai
- Missa Solemnis: Gloria in excelsis Deo
- Symphony #5 in C Minor (all four movements)
- Piano Trio #3: I Allegro con brio
- Consecration of the House Overture
- Piano Concerto #5 "Emperor": I Allego
- Christ on the Mount of Olives: Hallelujah
- Symphony #9 "Choral": II Molto vivace
- Grosse Fugue
- Symphony #3 "Eroica": I Allegro con brio
- Piano Sonata #14 "Moonlight": I Adagio
- Piano Sonata #14 "Moonlight": II Allegretto
- Piano Sonata #14 "Moonlight": III Presto
- Symphony #7: I Poco sostenuto - Vivace
- Piano Sonata #8 "Pathetique": I Grave
- Piano Sonata #8 "Pathetique": II Adagio cantabile
- Fidelio: Overture
- Minuet in G Major
- Symphony #6 "Pastoral": I Allegro
- Fur Elise
- Violin Concerto: III Rondo
- Rage over a Lost Penny
- Septet in E-flat Major, Op. 20 V. Scherzo
- Symphony #9 "Choral": Finale (Ode to Joy)
Listen to our Beethoven 250 Concert Series
You've read another CPR classical story to the end. We have got just the thing for classical music lovers like you: a weekly email newsletter! Sign up here to stay up-to-date on CPR Classical programming, events and stories from the world of classical music.