(Photo: Courtesy of Alex Irvin)Tune in to the Colorado Art Report, CPR's weekly arts show hosted by Chloe Veltman, for in-depth coverage of the Colorado culture scene.
On this week's show:
- Three world-renowned arts festivals -- the Aspen Music Festival, Telluride Film Festival and Vail International Dance Festival -- have made their homes in Colorado mountains towns. CPR’s Stephanie Wolf examines how these events are connected to their surrounding communities.
- Chloe Veltman talks with the founders of “Mixed Taste” and Warm Cookies of the Revolution about how they hope to expand people’s horizons through their unusual cultural programming.
- The Denver Botanic Gardens has set a new attendance record thanks to a current exhibition featuring the work of celebrated glass artist Dale Chihuly. CPR arts reporter Corey Jones investigates how the artwork gets from Tacoma, Washington to Denver in one piece.
- In this week’s Book Club segment, three Colorado authors talk about the books they’ve been reading for fun over the summer months and the difference between entertainment and literature.
- Brazilians use music, dance and food to express their passion for their country. This weekend, the Colorado Brazil Fest takes the same directive. Boulder musical ensemble Ginga shares a traditional samba song with CPR in anticipation of the event.
CPR's the Colorado Art Report airs on Fridays at 10.30 a.m. and 7.30 p.m. Tune in live or access online at any time.