Colorado's new poet laureate, Joseph Hutchison, wrote a pithy and eloquent preview of upcoming events in the Colorado arts world. And, of course, he did it using his medium of choice: poetry.
Hover your cursor over the underlined text to see more information about each event referenced in the poem. Or, if you are on a phone or tablet, scroll to the bottom to the footnotes for links.
By Joseph Hutchison
Promo in the Form of an Homage
with apologies to e. e. cummings
fall when walls at MCA1
and DAM2 are color-
luscious the little
murmurs wild and low
and jazz-meisters dazzle at Dazzle3
while boy seeks mom at Su Teatro4
and Sin is in the Starz5 and it’s
when Telluride is bluesy-wonderful6
and Step Afrika claps and stomps7
old poetman murmurs
wild and low
and Lynn Harrell’s cello goes rococo8
where the Gunnison rolls into the Colorado
and belters get their kicks9 along the Poudre and
- Mark Mothersbaugh exhibition at MCA
- Cartier exhibition at DAM
- Songs from Eastern Europe at Dazzle Jazz
- Su Teatro presents "Enrique’s Journey"
- Starz Denver Film Festival
- Blues and Brews in Telluride
- Step Afrika! at Macky Auditorium CU Boulder
- Lynn Harrell performs with the Grand Junction Symphony
- Fort Collins Opera presents "Follies"