This is a show about recovery, hosted by CPR News host Vic Vela. Everyone knows someone who struggles with addiction or mental health issues or a physical ailment that has dramatically changed their life. This show is a place to regularly showcase courage and what it takes to come back.
- When we can meet each other with empathy and compassion, we can find hope. That is exactly what Back from Broken is all about -- and why we’re coming back for a third season.
- Hunter Biden’s struggle with addiction has been intense — and very public. But with the support of his family, including President Joe Biden, Hunter found the help he needed.
- Kevin Griffin found his own way to embrace recovery using ideas he borrowed from Buddhism, and he wrote a book about it that helped others -- including Vic Vela -- overcome their own challenges.
- A decision Tracie Lechman made when she was 16 would haunt her for the rest of her life. This is how she overcame trauma and addiction in her journey to recover.
- Matthew Jarvis grew up with parents who fought violently at times. It set the stage for years of bad relationships and addiction -- until he found a way forward.
- She was a devout Mormon who fell in love with another woman and found herself traumatized by conversion therapy. This is her recovery story.
- As both a student and a teacher, Jessica Dueñas found a sanctuary in the classroom. But her alcoholism made her reevaluate her priorities -- and the career she loved.
- John Evans was a struggling veteran dealing with years of PTSD and addiction until he found help.
- Weekend Host / Reporter, Back from Broken
- Editor/Producer, Audio Innovations Studio, Back from Broken
- Editor/Producer, Back from Broken
- Former Editor, Back from Broken
- Community Audio Producer, Audio Innovations Studio, Back from Broken
- Podcast Producer & Project Manager, Audio Innovations Studio, Back from Broken
- Executive Producer, Audio Innovations, Back from Broken