This is a show about recovery, hosted by CPR News host Vic Vela. Everyone knows someone who struggles with addiction or mental health issues or a physical ailment that has dramatically changed their life. This show is a place to regularly showcase courage and what it takes to come back.
- One of the happiest moments of Catherine Cho's life turned ugly when she developed postpartum psychosis. This is how she made it through.
- Writer and comedian Sara Benincasa travels the world speaking about her struggle with agoraphobia -- as well as family, addiction and humor.
- Chef and TV host Andrew Zimmern struggled for years with alcoholism -- until he found a new way forward.
- Last season we told stories of life's challenges, of recovery and hope. And you listened! So we're coming back.
- In this special episode, Colorado Public Radio reporter Dan Boyce uses interviews with friends and family, plus a fishing trip, to piece together lost memories from his own mental breakdown.
- Jake "The Snake" Roberts was one of the most famous pro wrestlers of the 1980s. But behind the scenes he was addicted to drugs and alcohol, and haunted by childhood abuse.
- Paul Scudo had a flashy, high-powered hotel job — and behind the scenes, he had a longtime drug addiction. When he couldn't hide it anymore, things blew up in his face.
- Whatever Keri Blakinger puts her mind to, she excels at. She has incredible focus. But that worked against her when she got into heroin.
- Weekend Host / Reporter, Back from Broken
- Editor/Producer, Audio Innovations Studio, Back from Broken
- Editor/Producer, Back from Broken
- Former Editor, Back from Broken
- Community Audio Producer, Audio Innovations Studio, Back from Broken
- Podcast Producer & Project Manager, Audio Innovations Studio, Back from Broken
- Executive Producer, Audio Innovations, Back from Broken