Information comes from the Colorado Springs Downtown Partnership.
Thursday, August 23
* 2:00 a.m. - parking lot at Pikes Peak and Cascade closed thru 8/24
* 9:00 a.m. - Tejon closed between Pikes Peak and Kiowa and between Kiowa and Bijou
(thru midnight Friday, 8/24); Pikes Peak closed between Cascade and Tejon (thru
midnight Friday, 8/24)
* 8:00 p.m. - Pikes Peak closed between Nevada and Cascade (thru midnight Friday, 8/24)
Friday, August 24
* 12:30 p.m. - short-duration closures moving toward Colorado Springs starting at
12:30 p.m. at Hartsel until 4:00 p.m. at Manitou Springs
GARDEN OF THE GODS
* 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. - park closed to motorized traffic; park reopens at 4:30 p.m.
OLD COLORADO CITY
* 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. - no parking on 30th from Garden of the Gods Visitor and Nature
Center to Colorado and on Colorado from 30th to Cascade
* 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. - short-duration closure on route above when the race arrives;
cross traffic allowed until race arrives
* 9:00 a.m. - Tejon closed between Bijou and Colorado (reopens at midnight); Colorado
closed between Tejon and Walnut (reopens at 5:30 p.m.); Cascade closed between
Colorado and Bijou (reopens at 8:00 p.m.); Bijou closed between Cascade and Tejon
(reopens at 5:30 p.m.)
* 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. - closure of full circuit: Tejon/Cascade on the east/west and
Cache La Poudre/Colorado on the north/south; Tejon between Bijou and Platte
remains closed until midnight
NOTE: Bike valet available at Acacia Park
DOWNTOWN PARKING LOT CLOSURES:
Employees affected by the festival parking lot closure will be notified by their property managers as to the procedure for the day. Arrivals before 9 AM will not be restricted except street parking in certain areas. Departures required on Cascade Avenue will be restricted until after the race ends. The worst case scenario requires closure until 5:15 PM. In reality, we expect to be able to open Cascade north of Pikes Peak by 5:00 PM, Tejon north of Bijou by 5:00 PM and Cascade by 5:30.
All city parking structures will be open for parking. At Bijou and Cascade, departure will be controlled after 1 PM until 5 PM. People with all day parking needs may want to choose this lot.
Lots closed by the Thursday build will remain closed on Friday.
Public access lots will be open except for Nevada and Pikes Peak, which will have half of the lot reserved for media.
Street parking will be allowed off of the course areas. Its a great day to ride your bike or park in the transit shuttle lots and take the bus into downtown.
City metering of street parking is not something we have control over.
Cabs and public transportation will have access outside of the closed area.
East side of course:
Colorado, Pikes Peak, Kiowa, Bijou, Platte and points north to Cache La Poudre should consider Nevada Ave. as the closest point to the east side of the course after 1 PM. Prior to 1 PM, this same information applies to Colorado, Pikes Peak, Kiowa and Bijou.
West side of course:
Colorado will be blocked at Walnut after 9:00 AM.
All streets intersecting Cascade will be closed at Cascade for the race. Traffic will be diverted off of the Bijou bridge to Sierra Madre and points south.
Traffic north of Bijou will be allowed on Cascade until 1:00 PM.
North of Bijou:
After 1 PM, limited cross traffic (east to west) will be allowed across points north of Bijou until the police need to shut the course for the arrival of the race. This area will be the first to reopen at the conclusion of the race.